Re: Repeated accidental after tie across line break

From: Robert Schmaus
Subject: Re: Repeated accidental after tie across line break
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2013 18:56:04 +0100

I play and typeset a lot of latin american music which has a lot of
syncopation which makes this particlar scene appear quite often.
Maybe I got used to something non-standard but it still seems more logical
to me to omit the tied accidental and treat the measure as if there was no
line break.

I can confirm that also from pov of jazz music - I've looked through some of the "official" jazz publications and haven't seen any accidentals on tied-and-broken notes. Perhaps Gould's rule in this case is mainly meant for classical notation practice?