Re: Tie Crusade

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: Tie Crusade
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2013 17:38:14 +0200

2013/7/14 Michael Rivers <address@hidden>:
> I'd like to join the effort, but I don't have the skills -- the last
> programming I did was 12 years ago in college, and it was it C, not C++ (I
> don't even know what the difference is).

That's not a problem *at all!*  We have a few non-programming tasks;
the only skill required is the ability to think :-)

> However, I'd be willing to make a
> small financial contribution if someone could tell me where to send it --
> this seems like an worthy cause.

Thanks for the offer!  We'll see when we're past 50% of the work.  At
least I wouldn't want to take money in advance myself.

> I still think that throwing an error for an enharmonic tie is as bad as
> having bad looking ties. It's the first case I've encountered where Lilypond
> doesn't understand pretty basic music notation.

I fully agree that this is important and i would really like to fix
it.  I just don't want to stretch the scope of the project, but i'll
keep this in mind when reading code.
...actually, i found the place that is probably responsible for this.
I'll investigate, but before that i have to get back my laptop or set
up my development environment, which may take a day or two.

best,
Janek