Re: Henle piano template

From: David Rogers
Subject: Re: Henle piano template
Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2013 15:04:27 -0700

David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:

> Kieren MacMillan <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Hello all,
>>
>>> I have found some images of Henle's Moonlight Sonata.
>>> Old edition: http://www.ackermanmusic.co.uk/img/P/412339_1.jpg
>>> And the new one (from 2013):
>>> http://www.di-arezzo.com/multimedia/images/henle/part/hn1062.jpg
>>> Same publishing house, but so many differences :)
>>
>> Is there a preferred one for our purposes here?
>
> From 2013 does not sound like plate engraving.

Henle apparently did their last plate engraving in about 2000, and were
supposedly one of the last hold-outs when most others had been using
computers for a while. So, when talking about the big respected
publishing houses: Anything from before 1985-1990 is almost sure to be
plate-engraved; anything after 2000 is almost sure to be
computer-engraved; for music from between those approximate dates, you'd
have to take a look to find out. (According to the maker of SCORE,
Schott was the first well-known publisher to use his software, 1990.)

--
David R