Re: LilyPond and ConTeXt

From: Marc Hohl
Subject: Re: LilyPond and ConTeXt
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2013 19:50:52 +0200

Am 06.09.2013 19:12, schrieb David Rogers:
Hello

There have been several methods in the history of LilyPond for
integrating LilyPond scores with ConTeXt documents (ConTeXt is a newer
more-flexible system somewhat analogous to LaTeX).

Right now, which is the best choice for putting ConTeXt and LilyPond
together? (Your answer might be "Don't bother, just use LaTeX", if you
have a good reason for saying that.)

Hehe – just use LaTeX ;-)

I stumbled across this problem some time ago and found

http://wiki.contextgarden.net/LilyPond

which might work or not, but since this project would have been the first try to get a grip with ConTeXt and I didn't manage to get even
the stuff mentioned in this link up and running, I decided to use
XeLaTeX and lilypond-book for the simple reason that I find it easier to
find help on the web concerning LaTeX-specific problems ;-)

You may find that the spacing between staff lines is not optimal
when using lilypond-book, but a suitable definition for \betweenLilyPondSystem may help in this case.

Marc