Re: point and click (was: Project Completed(-ish))

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: point and click (was: Project Completed(-ish))
Date: Sat, 07 Sep 2013 15:19:38 +0200

Am 07.09.2013 13:49, schrieb Janek Warchoł:

Ok, that'd be helpful indeed, but (correct me if i'm wrong) all the
links in the pdf are absolute paths pointing to the original source
file.  Which means that:
- if i move my source file, the link doesn't work
- if i don't have the source file, the link doesn't do anything useful

So when someone sends me a pdf without the source, all links are
useless.
Would it make sense (and be non-trivial) to make the links relative?
It seems this could help some use cases, although not all.

If someone sends me a pdf with its LilyPond source I can simply drop them anywhere and it'll work. OTOH, if I manage my stuff through version control and pull changes from somewhere else, the links will have become outdated and point to the wrong places. And through version control you can't use file dates to compare.

Urs