Re: Problem with hemiola notation

From: Alan McConnell
Subject: Re: Problem with hemiola notation
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2013 15:05:06 -0400

On Sun, Sep 15, 2013 at 07:23:06PM +0200, David Kastrup wrote:

> >     special needs or interest have Bach Dover scores?  But I
> >     would expect tho folks who do have such scores to easily
> >     recognize my problem from the "extract" that I gave, and
> >     reproduce above.
>
> Some piece of LilyPond code that does not compile, and that even if it
> did compile were missing what you want to see?
              I thought my "extract" was "sight-readable", for anyone
              who had even a passing acquaintance with writing
              Lilypont .lys.

> I think you are overestimating people's abilities...
            If they aren't better than mine, Lilypond(and the world<G>)
            is in Sad Shape!

> >       I am Attaching a .jpg of a small chunk of a download that
> >       I got from IMSLP, that illustrates the Bach Gesellschaft
> >       practice.  I am fairly sure that the  Mailman SW will
> >       strip this Attachment,
>
> I don't know why it should.  Looks like it appeared just fine on the
> list.
          I agree, and I'm pleased.

> Have to be off now, so won't reply with anything more useful right now.
> I think we might have discussed this problem once already on the list
> but I don't know what code (if any) might have been waved around in the
> course of the discussion.
         As before: any future help will be much appreciated.

Alan

--
Alan McConnell :  http://globaltap.com/~alan/
   Know thyself.  If you need help, call the C.I.A.