Re: Bracket with text label

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Bracket with text label
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2013 20:03:54 +0200

Am 19.09.2013 19:02, schrieb Urs Liska:
Hi Alec,

welcome to this list.

Images of this size are absolutely acceptable because they are very helpful to show your intention/problem/question.

I'm not sure if that's the best approach, but you could use a pseudo tuplet
and override the text of the "tuplet number":

\once \override TupletNumber #'text = "even"
\times 4/4 { a8 g16 f }

Depending on your LilyPond version you can use \tuplet instead of \times and write TupletNumber.text

HTH
Urs

If you have this regularly you can make use of a music function.
As I can't test this I'm quite sure this won't work without corrections, but it may give you (or others) an idea:
even=
#(define-music-function (parser location music)(ly:music?)
  #{
    \once \override TupletNumber #'text = "even"
    \times 4/4 { $music }
  #})

\even { a8 g16 f }

Maybe it works ;-)