Re: Acciaccaturas and slashed stems

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Acciaccaturas and slashed stems
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2013 11:51:11 +0200

Thomas Morley <address@hidden> writes:

> I coded some thoughts about automatically beaming grace
> notes. Comments in code.  It's not an engraver, as supposed by David,
> (this should be done in C++ like the others),

There is no real reason that this needs to be done in C++.  The main
reason is that there is already Grace_beam_engraver derived from
Beam_engraver, and there is Auto_beam_engraver.  So using the same
approach here is making things coherent in LilyPond.

For a Scheme-only solution, I'd still consider the nicest way to go via
an engraver.  For something that is supposed to end up in LilyPond, I'd
go with the C++ route myself as that seems like the least effort and
least cause for surprises.

But uh, "least effort" does not seem like your main criterion, anyway.

--
David Kastrup