Fedora 19 Lilypond and Vim

From: Kevin Tough
Subject: Fedora 19 Lilypond and Vim
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2013 22:12:07 +0200

Hi,

I am new to the group and just starting my Lilypond learning. I am using
Fedora 17 and 19. My favorite editor is Vim but I am far from a power
user. I am confused about syntax highlighting for Lilypond.

The Lilypond website:
http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.17/Do...editor-support
suggests an entry into .vimrc such as:

filetype off
set runtimepath+=/usr/local/share/lilypond/current/vim/
filetype on

My Fedora 19 version of Lilypond is 2.16.2 and has no such vim
directory. My Fedora 17 version of Lilypond is 2.16.0 and also no such
directory. Fedora 17 appears to use/or has at least, three files in the
vim73 syntax directory; lilypond.vim, lilypond-words, and
lilypond-words.vim. Vim73's syntax highlighting works although it may
not be as developed as Frescobaldi's.

My Fedora 19 install has the above three mentioned files installed in
vim73's syntax directory but they are the only files as Fedora 19 now
uses vim74. I copied them to vim74 but syntax highlighting does not yet
work for me in Fedora 19.

Helpful persons from the Fedora Forum have told me I should download
files from github and put them into my home .vim folder. Are there
differences in the quality or completeness of syntax highlighting of
Lilypond files by Vim?

 I tried to contact the maintainer of the lilypond.vim syntax file but
the Email is no longer used. Has anyone got vim up and running on Fedora
19 with Lilypond?

Is anyone using Vim with Lilypond and found it to be as good or better
than Frescobaldi?

Namaste,

Kevin Tough