Re: Fedora 19 Lilypond and Vim

From: Martin Tarenskeen
Subject: Re: Fedora 19 Lilypond and Vim
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2013 00:12:08 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 1 Oct 2013, Kevin Tough wrote:

My Fedora 19 install has the above three mentioned files installed in
vim73's syntax directory but they are the only files as Fedora 19 now
uses vim74. I copied them to vim74 but syntax highlighting does not yet
work for me in Fedora 19.

I am using Vim and Fedora 19 and syntax highlighting is working. The change from vim73 to vim74 is something that should be reported to the lilypond packagers from Fedora. It's a little problem that keeps popping up from time to time when vim is updated. Copying/moving the files from the old vim73 to the new vim74 directory is the right thing to do. Not only the syntax directory. If you type "rpm -ql lilypond | grep vim" you will see the vim files that are packaged with Lilypond on Fedora.

In my personal ~/.vimrc file I have:

" LilyPond
au BufNewFile,BufRead *.ly                                  setf lilypond
set autoindent
set smartindent
set tabstop=4
set shiftwidth=4
set expandtab
filetype plugin indent on

Unless you want to use the developers version 2.17.x, I would use the files from the official Fedora RPM version of LilyPond and make them work using the aove method. No need to get files from Git, or put stuff in /local/... directories manually.

--

MT