Bravura in LilyPond

From: Nathan
Subject: Bravura in LilyPond
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2013 13:33:47 -0700

Back in May, Daniel Spreadbury announced the creation of a new music
font, Bravura, for his scoring application.
http://blog.steinberg.net/2013/05/introducing-bravura-music-font/

I liked the look of the font, so I gave a shot at implementing it in
LilyPond by tweaking LilyJAZZ. The resulting code could be trivially
modified to support any SMuFL-compatible font, although at the moment
there are no such fonts other than Bravura.

To use, you will need LilyPond 2.17.27 and a copy of Bravura installed
on your system. (Download at http://www.smufl.org/fonts/.) The
attached zip contains the necessary include (bravura.ily) and two
sample public-domain scores from Mutopia.

This contains various defects and uglinesses, so it's not yet usable
for professional typesetting. (For example, long dynamics such as ppp
get cut off on the right.) But it's fun to give this font a trial run.
IMO, it looks quite nice -- bold and easy to read, much like Feta.

Regards,
Nathan