Re: Two possible bugs when dealing with Automatic note splitting

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Two possible bugs when dealing with Automatic note splitting
Date: Thu, 03 Oct 2013 21:59:38 +0200

Jim Tisdall <address@hidden> writes:

>>> I posted some details about this a week ago,
>>
>> No, you didn't.  Not wanting a repetition of fingerings and string
>> numbers would be a feature request: I don't think that would ever have
>> worked differently.
>>
>> -- David Kastrup
>

> Ah, true.  I reported fingerings and string numbers being repeated
> unnecessarily when automatic note splitting was invoked, whereas
> this new post reported some accidentals being repeated in somewhat
> similar circumstances.  Pardon my confusion.
>
> Since I find the note splitting unusable with the proliferation of
> incorrect fingerings (incorrect in the sense of how scores are
> normally fingered) I do request this feature.  I would be willing
> to tackle it myself if I can ask someone to help me identify the
> parts of the code which would need attention.

lily/completion-note-heads-engraver.cc, grep for need_clone.  You'll
probably need to adjust the condition to clone more often (for
everything but the original event), and you'll need to stamp out
articulations when set in the clone and while you are at it,
force-accidental and cautionary.

--
David Kastrup