Re:emacs point-and-click on OSX

From: Kevin Patrick Barry
Subject: Re:emacs point-and-click on OSX
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2013 20:04:55 +0000

> Alternatively, you might want to try to get xdvi running on your
> system.  It's quite likely less fancy, but its configuration is simple,
> and the required file in .xdvirc in your home directory should work
> under MacOSX as well.

I feel like an idiot for asking this, but how would that help?  I
tried to open a lilypond pdf using xdvi and it responded with an
error, since it isn't a .dvi.  Can LilyPond produce .dvi files instead
of pdfs?  The only documentation that seems to mention it is the
section on lilypond-book.  I have no particular allegiance to Preview
(especially since it doesn't automatically update when I recompile),
so I don't mind using another pdf reader, but evince and xpdf (the
ones in the 2.17 documentation) are for Linux.