Re: Version control tools

From: Simon Bailey
Subject: Re: Version control tools
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2014 11:27:23 +0100

On Wed, Jan 8, 2014 at 11:24 AM, Simon Bailey <address@hidden> wrote:
don't get me wrong, i'm really trying to find a reason to like git. but nothing seems different to SVN so far, except for the fact that i have to commit TWICE...

just to clarify: i'm trying to find a reason for using git for my workflow. in other scenarios (such as lily devel work or distributed software development) i know there are benefits/differences and possibilities compared to SVN/CVS or any other centralized source-code repo.

regards,
sb

--
Do not meddle in the affairs of trombonists, for they are subtle and quick to anger.