Re: Extra naturals in accidental-style teaching?

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: Extra naturals in accidental-style teaching?
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2014 04:20:49 +0000 (UTC)

Paul Morris <paul <at> paulwmorris.com> writes:

> Ariel Barton wrote
> > I am trying to use the accidental style "teaching" to make my music a
> > little easier to use. The problem is, "teaching" produces a whole lot of
> > superfluous natural signs that aren't really helpful; they just clutter up
> > the page. (They don't seem to follow any particular rules, either; they
> > seem to be distributed at random.)
>

> This may be a bug.

Yes. Version 2.14 of LilyPond printed reminders for only sharps and flats.
I put <https://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=3894>
on the bug list.
This is something that can be fixed without recompiling LilyPond, so any
one of a number of people here might follow that link to the change in code
that changed behavior, figure out what was intended, and a way to do
it with the desired output.