Re: Extra naturals in accidental-style teaching?

From: Paul Morris
Subject: Re: Extra naturals in accidental-style teaching?
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2014 16:10:37 -0700 (PDT)

Ariel Barton wrote
> I think that what I want is not the forget style, but to have Lilypond
> typeset everything in C major/A minor. I'd still sort of like to print
> the true key signature; do you know if there's a way to print the D major
> keysignature while it's in C?

See the following which does what you describe.  The \omit line inserts but
does not display a grace note between the two key signatures, and the
\override line prevents the key cancellation from being shown.

\version "2.18.0"

\relative f' {
  \key g \major
  \omit \grace s8
  \override Staff.KeyCancellation.stencil = ##f
  \key c \major
  c8 cis d dis e f fis g gis a ais b c
}

One problem is that if you want the g key signature to be shown at the
beginning of each line, as is customary, then you would need to do something
like this at the beginning of each line (ugh).  So it's not really a good
solution.  Another possibility might be to replace the c major stencil, but
that will not really be any better I don't think...

-Paul