HELP: Editor for Blind People

From: Antonio Gervasoni
Subject: HELP: Editor for Blind People
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2014 14:58:54 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all! I'm trying to help one of my students who is blind. He will be soon
taking courses where he's going to be asked to produce arrangements in the
form of printed scores.

My problem is that I can't find the right editor for him. I need help to
choose the most appropriate one. Here's what I need to sort out:

1. He will need to be able to navigate quickly between the documents, the
log and the midi player
2. The log has to be readable (in Frescobaldi you can't place a cursor in
the log and navigate through it as in a text document)
3. The editor must have the ability to jump directly to the line where an
error is located, and from there to the next error, if there is more than
one.

I have tried with Frescobaldi and Elysium but none seems a good choice.
Emacs and Vim are possible candidates but there's little information about
them. Also, I would need soom help on how to install any of them (they seem
pretty complicated to set up

I would appreciate very much any help!

Antonio