ties between enharmonic pitches

From: Mike Solomon
Subject: ties between enharmonic pitches
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2014 11:15:26 +0300

Hey all,

I recently stumbled across this old thread from 2002 about ties between enharmonic pitches:

http://osdir.com/ml/gnu.lilypond.general/2002-12/msg00176.html

I am typesetting a piece where the successive chords are:

<dis ais’ cisis fis bis> ~ % (D#m maj7 #15)
<e g d’ fis b>  %(Em9)

The above is pseudocode - the actual piece is across 5 staves and voices.

I have seen the suggestion to slur the cisis and the d, but something about that feels unsatisfactory.  However, if that is the most common way in real scores, I will do it.  What are current opinons on this topic? Meaning, what is considered the best way to show this and what is the most elegant way to do that in LilyPond?

Cheers,
~Mike