Automatically add empty pages at the end of a book

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Automatically add empty pages at the end of a book
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2014 17:38:18 +0100

Hi all,

if I produce scores that are to be printed on double-sided, folded sheets (i.e. four A4 pages on one A3 sheet) I need to find a way to add empty pages to the end of the score.

I have one bookpart with two pages of front matter, then comes the score.
Then I need that flexible amount of 0-3 empty pages,
finally I have a last bookpart for the back cover.

How can I determine the number of pages a score has and add an appropriate number of pages to that?
(2 + 5 + N + 1) % 4 = 0
Examples:
Score has 5 pages: -> 0 empty pages necessary
Score has 7 pages: -> 2 empty pages necessary

Thanks for any suggestions
Urs