Re: Use of Stackoverflow for Question/Answer forum

From: Helge Kruse
Subject: Re: Use of Stackoverflow for Question/Answer forum
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2014 21:07:43 +0100

Am 23.12.2014 um 08:23 schrieb Johan Vromans:
The list is a 'push' model interaction. SO and other forums are 'pull' - I need to visit them and ask for questions. I'm subscribed to 50+ forums, and 20+ mailing lists. It would take hours just to visit all forums. Browsing the messages from the mailing lists takes minutes.
Yes, that's true I have the mailing list in my Thunderbird folder and can search for answer. Even when I'm currently not writing notes the folder is pushed from the mailing list.

That's true as long I am at home with my PC. When I am visting somebody and need my folder I am lost. So I have to use google like any nooby. And then I am at the pull.

The mailing list is very good. But when you have something like stackexchange where
- the question and answers are put together
- you can format the text including code highlight
- you can search only for the questions with specific tags
then it can become a valueable knowledge base.

Regards
Helge