Re: OT: Re: Grand Advanced Stylesheet Project (GASP)

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: OT: Re: Grand Advanced Stylesheet Project (GASP)
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2015 11:32:45 +0000

On Mon, 2015-01-19 at 11:16 +0100, Johan Vromans wrote:
> On Sun, 18 Jan 2015 22:44:29 -0500
> Kieren MacMillan <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> >     piano solo
> >     instrument solo/part
> >     orchestra score
> >     choir, a cappella
> >     choir plus piano
> >     piano + voice, art song
> >     piano + voice + guitar chords, popular
> >     chamber score (2-4 players)
> >     piano chamber score with cue staves
> >     pipe organ solo
> >     lead sheet
>
> Not directly related, but what would be the correct term to denote
> a score that only contains accompaniment chords? No melodies, no lyrics,
> just chords.

I arrived at "Chord Chart" for these - I think taking the name from a
popular commercial product that enables you to create them.

I attach an example typeset by LilyPond, it could have a style sheet
extracted from it potentially (though the compact chord symbols have yet
to make it into LilyPond).

Richard