Re: Levelling hairpins

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: Levelling hairpins
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2015 08:57:25 +0000

On Sat, 2015-02-14 at 00:44 -0800, Nathan Ho wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 13, 2015 at 12:53 PM, Peter Gentry
> <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> > This is very true but the dynamics context is very cumbersome for this
> > purpose alone.
> >
> > Surely there must be a simpler way to align hairpins.
>
> Hmm, how about a Scheme function that extracts all the dynamic events
> and moves them into a Dynamics context?

I think there may be a simpler way: if you have some music

MyMusic = ....

and then you put it in both the usual context *and* the a Dynamic
Context then you get aligned dynamics in the dynamic context. You only
then have to make all the dynamics not print in the usual context, for
which I'm sure someone here can suggest the incantation.
That is it would look something like this:

<< UsualContext { \override dynamics invisible \MyMusic}
   DynamicsContext { \MyMusic }

HTH

Richard