Re: Narrow down search of Lilypond documentation to English

From: Colin Tennyson
Subject: Re: Narrow down search of Lilypond documentation to English
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2015 08:07:24 -0700 (MST)

Robin Bannister wrote:
> No "en" code is provided in the URLs for the untranslated docs,
> so to narrow down to just english, you have to exclude translations:
> -inurl:de. -inurl:fr. -inurl:es. -inurl:it. -inurl:nl. -inurl:ja.

Thank you Robin, the workaround that you have suggested is effective.
The following string of operators narrows the search results down to pages
from the english repository.

barnumbercheck -inurl:.it. -inurl:.es. -inurl:.de. -inurl:.ja. -inurl:.fr.
site:lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/

(Well, I guess using just "it." "es." would be enough, but it for good
measure I include both periods.)

Robin Bannister wrote:
> Well, in previous URLs the code wasn't in the filename,
> but rather between slashes - on its own level.

The repositories for the translated documentation used to be in a level of
their own? (as in v2.18/it/ and v1.18/es/)
That raises the question: why has the Lilypond documentation been changed
away from that? for the sake of language negotiation?

>From what I've read my understanding is that the http 1.1 spec doesn't
require user agents to support language negotiation. It's my understanding
that the specification *allows* for extensions that support language
negotiation.

Work is underway for a http/2 specification (more efficient protocols and
better encryption negotiation).
Will language negotiation be in the http/2 specification? It's not clear.

Colin Tennyson