Re: Haydn bug fix

From: Abraham Lee
Subject: Re: Haydn bug fix
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2015 12:36:46 -0600

On Thu, Apr 30, 2015 at 12:28 PM, PMA <address@hidden> wrote:
Abraham,

Why do you point to Haydn's Hob. XVI:37?  Is it that Peters'
(Köhler Ed.) handling of this particular work was especially
remarkable -- and so has specifically inspired your font?

- Pete

Long story short, having browsed through many scores, I really liked the elegant look of this set of engraving punches. I discovered that Ed. Peters used this style for some time, so I collected numerous examples, some of which I used as font specimens. I named the font Haydn because Ed. Peters had engraved many scores by Haydn. They did many other composers, too, but it was from Haydn's works that I drew most of my samples from.

That's pretty much the whole logic behind it.

- Abraham