Re: Lyric tie inside word?

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Re: Lyric tie inside word?
Date: Wed, 06 May 2015 00:51:15 +0200

So sorry. I should’ve tested the code before posting…
You need to use \line { } instead of a simple string in "". See attachment.

Am 06.05.2015 um 00:41 schrieb Tobias Braun:
I got it to work in \lyricmode now, but it still won't work in the \markup section.

If I do it like you say below, I just get the code printed in the lyrics. If I end the string before \override and start a new one after "köñiglichen", it works, but then I get line breaks around "königlichen". Adding \markup doesn't improve things either.

What exactly do "\override #'(word-space . 0)" and "\tied-lyric" do? When using "\override #'(word-space . 0)" inside a \lyricmode _expression_, "~" won't create a lyric tie (with a blank) anymore, but just literally print "~". I have to explicitly use \tied-lyric then.
They are markup commands. \override (the markup command) takes two arguments: a pair and a markup. The pair consists of property and value, given in Scheme syntax: #'(word-space . 0). The markup is produced using \tied-lyric, which takes a string (a series of characters enclosed in "") as its argument, again prefixed with # to make it a Scheme _expression_. And in order to use them in \lyricmode, you have to enclose them in \markup explicitly.

I hope that makes it a little clearer. Ein weites Feld…
Good night, :-)
Simon