Re: OT: Beauty of programming languages

From: Peter Gentry
Subject: Re: OT: Beauty of programming languages
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2015 16:49:15 +0100

While we are at it

Age 73 - Married - North of England

previous life Senior Scientific Oficer - Heat Transfer
Mechanical Engineering Degree
Struggling clarinet player and general music lover

Started producing music scores using NoteWorthy Composer

Graduated to LilyPond some years ago - still very much on the learning curve.

Like many others have had a fair amout of programming experience on IBM and ICL
mainframes, PDP8 mini computers BBC Microcomputers
and the works of Master Gates. Minimal exposure to the likes of unix and linux
and cannot afford extortionate Macs.

Lilypond is a godsend and a wonderful example of open source software with so
many contributing and providing help and advice to
hapless strugglers. Bravo.

Should any other clarinet players want some baroque music to play feel free to
raid  http://sunscales.co.uk not all of the files are
finished and I'm sure many contain errors.  They also reflect my modest
progress with LilyPond. There aren't many ly files but just
ask should you want them.

regards
Peter Gentry