Re: OT: Beauty of programming languages

From: MING TSANG
Subject: Re: OT: Beauty of programming languages
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2015 11:36:43 +0000 (UTC)

I'm 68 years old and an IBM mainframe programmer using COBOL. Now retired.

I've been using Lilypond since v1.12. One of the reason I choose lilypond because it supports UTF-8 for lyrics. Now I am gladly using V2.18.2 and V2.19.26.

I sing in a choir.  Time and time, we were given photocopy music sheet and they are hard to read.  I started transcribe the photocopy music sheet by using lilypond for my own use.  Few months thereafter, choir member ask for printed copy of lilypond generated pdf. I am greatly obliged.

Few months ago copyright subject come up. I bought a song book contains 10 STAB choir songs.  I transcribe one of them and use for whole choir. Is this legal?

Immanuel,
Ming.