Re: Syntax for multiple slurs per Voice?

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: Syntax for multiple slurs per Voice?
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2015 11:49:01 -0500

Hi Trevor,

On Tue, Oct 20, 2015 at 11:31 AM, Trevor Bača <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

I'm coming late to this discussion, but potentially *very* excited about what this might mean. Will the available of spanner IDs mean that a single voice will (eventually) be able to carry multiple *text spanners*???

This would be incredibly useful in my own scores (and probably also in the scores of very many other composers who work with simultaneous continuous transitions). I've attached a PNG of an example from a recent cello piece. The score is in LilyPond, but the engraving required multiple (redundant) invisible markup voices. Would be so elegant to be need only a single voice.

I recently rewrote Text_spanner_engraver, incorporating 'spanner-id to allow an unlimited number of TextSpanners per voice.  The entry method isn't particularly pretty (basically it's equivalent to what you had to do with slurs before David Kastrup came up with the current solution).

I'd like to get this into the codebase, but I'm unsure if I need to port it to C++.  Also, there's a chance another engraver to bind the simultaneous spanners might be needed (as piano pedal lines are bound by an alignment engraver).

Attached is a more recent version than the one found here: http://www.mail-archive.com/lilypond-user%40gnu.org/msg105470.html

Hope this helps!

David