Re: Syntax for multiple slurs per Voice?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Syntax for multiple slurs per Voice?
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2015 18:41:44 +0200

Trevor Bača <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I'm coming late to this discussion, but potentially *very* excited
> about what this might mean. Will the available of spanner IDs mean
> that a single voice will (eventually) be able to carry multiple *text
> spanners*???

Well, that was the motivation for renaming the originally proposed
"slur-id" to "spanner-id" before it made it through code review.  There
is no code backing this so far except for slurs and phrasing slurs, but
it's pretty clear that when such code appears, there would be no point
in inventing a different interface for it.

I've been starting some sketches for a C++ class solution encapsulating
the multiple-spanner part (so that text spanners and likely some other
ones can share the spanner-id implementation of slurs) but so far have
not actually invested enough work to call this "sketches" rather than
"doodles".

--
David Kastrup