Re: Syntax for multiple slurs per Voice?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Syntax for multiple slurs per Voice?
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2015 18:58:19 +0200

David Nalesnik <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Trevor,
>
> On Tue, Oct 20, 2015 at 11:31 AM, Trevor Bača <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm coming late to this discussion, but potentially *very* excited about
>> what this might mean. Will the available of spanner IDs mean that a single
>> voice will (eventually) be able to carry multiple *text spanners*???
>>
>> This would be incredibly useful in my own scores (and probably also in the
>> scores of very many other composers who work with simultaneous continuous
>> transitions). I've attached a PNG of an example from a recent cello piece.
>> The score is in LilyPond, but the engraving required multiple (redundant)
>> invisible markup voices. Would be so elegant to be need only a single voice.
>>

> I recently rewrote Text_spanner_engraver, incorporating 'spanner-id to
> allow an unlimited number of TextSpanners per voice.  The entry method
> isn't particularly pretty (basically it's equivalent to what you had
> to do with slurs before David Kastrup came up with the current
> solution).
>
> I'd like to get this into the codebase, but I'm unsure if I need to
> port it to C++.

That would be the most straightforward solution.  Of course, given your
current existing work it would also seem like a good incentive to bug me
into completing work on issue 1375 at some point of time so that one can
register Scheme engravers in a fully equivalent manner to C++ engravers
(namely included in our documentation and accessible by name).

--
David Kastrup