Re: Beamed Tremolo + Fermata

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Beamed Tremolo + Fermata
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2015 22:08:25 +0100

> Ooooh! I really like this idea as it would solve the horizontally-centered
> problem, but I just realized that it would inherit the unknown of the
> fermata's vertical position that escapes collisions with other elements. I
> don't know if it could still be treated like a Script object (to take care
> of vertical positioning), but added to the beam stencil (to take care of
> horizontal positioning). That would be a nice feature, though!
>
> - Abraham

How about overriding TupletNumber?

\version "2.19.32"
%\paper { ragged-right = ##f }

fermataOverTremolo =
#(define-music-function (mus)(ly:music?)
#{
  \once \omit TupletBracket
  %% maybe add this?
  %\once \override TupletNumber.outside-staff-priority = 100
  \once \override TupletNumber.text =
  #(lambda (grob)
    (let ((dir (ly:grob-property grob 'direction)))
      (markup
        #:musicglyph (format #f "scripts.~afermata" (if (= dir 1) "u" "d")))))
  \times 1/1
  $mus
#})

\relative c,
{
  \voiceTwo
  \fermataOverTremolo \repeat tremolo 16 { a32 c }

  Harm