Re: Frescobaldi on a mac (from a blind user)

From: Robert Schmaus
Subject: Re: Frescobaldi on a mac (from a blind user)
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2016 14:59:50 +0100

>> If youy choose this, you need to start that first, then in Frescobaldi’s
>> Preferences -> Midi settings, choose qsynth from the pop-up list, for player
>> output.
>
> And unfortunately you need to do this setup every time, Frescobaldi doesn’t
> seem to be able to detect QSynth’s MIDI port.

I was struggling with the same problem, but found out recently, that there's a
way around that. Unfortunately, I'm not at my computer right now, so I can't be
precise, but I can point you in a direction and be more precise later, if you
can't figure it out from that.

In qsynth, open the preferences and choose the MIDI tab. On one of the drop
down menus (there are two, don't remember which one) you can choose a setting
which causes the midi port being represented by a name rather than a number.
That name will stay the same and thus should be remembered in frescobaldi ...

Please post the solution if you figured it out ... Otherwise I'll do it asap ...

Best, Rob