Re: GUILE error when running lilypond-book

From: Julien Rioux
Subject: Re: GUILE error when running lilypond-book
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2016 17:01:45 -0400

On 25/04/2016 4:12 PM, David Kastrup wrote:
Matt <address@hidden> writes:

Hi,

when running lilypond-book I get the error:

lilypond_test.lytex:16:44: error: GUILE signaled an error for the
expressionbeginning here
  \once \override BreathingSign.stencil = #
      ly:breathing-sign::divisio-maior
Unbound variable: ly:breathing-sign::divisio-maior

When running the score separately in lilypond I don't get the error. So the
score seems to be ok, but lilypond-book has issues with it.

It looks like that the macro definition divisioMajor makes issue:

divisioMaior = {
  \once \override BreathingSign.stencil = #ly:breathing-sign::divisio-maior
  \once \override BreathingSign.Y-offset = #0
  \breathe
}

I'm running lilypond 2.18.2.

Any hints would be appreciated.

Are you using -dsafe ?  That only enables a subset of C++-defined
commands which is rather spotty (to say the least).

The -dsafe argument is likely the reason. If this is compiled by LyX as the provided sample document indicates, then the default configuration will use the -dsafe argument. The call to lilypond-book (and lilypond) can be configured in LyX' converters config dialog, and the -dsafe argument removed.

--
Julien