Re: Multi-measure rests and mark collisions ...

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Multi-measure rests and mark collisions ...
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2016 23:56:07 +0200

> On 25/04/16 05:31, David Wright wrote:
>> (I still don't know what you're trying to accomplish
>> [...])
>>
> Copy "House Style", maybe?
> And the whole point of this entire thread has been about
> SAVING VERTICAL SPACE - it's just plain butt-ugly for markup to stack
> vertically when a slight shift sideways could save lines - plus there's
> the high price I put on page turns that could be saved by reclaiming
> that wasted space.

Pretty late to the party.

Though, I've to agree with David W.
At least for several mails with lines over lines of text it was _not_
clear to me what you want and I'm not sure I understand now.
As a non-native speaker I always think it may be due to language issues.
Though, the amount of code-lines is remarkable low in the whole thread...
And sometimes images indeed help, even if put together with some
graphic-program.

Anyway, you seem to want multiple texts applied to a the same BarLine.
These texts shouldn't be stacked vertically but horizontally, right?

In LSR and elsewhere some methods for multiple RehearsalMarks are
known, stacking vertically.

Should be possible to adapt it.

How should this texts be aligned over the BarLine?
More general, how should it look?

Maybe you told already, then I missed it.

Cheers,
  Harm