Re: Replying to posts

From: Colin Campbell
Subject: Re: Replying to posts
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2016 17:31:11 -0600

On 16-04-28 10:05 PM, Werner LEMBERG wrote:
As far as I know this particular list does not have a list owner,
and there are no published rules.
Of course there is a list owner.  However, up to now there wasn't a
single person who stomped our nuts too hard, so to say, forcing us to
banning him or her from the list.

In general, the list netiquette is quite simple.  Here's a small,
probably incomplete list.

<snipped a list of excellent practices for mail lists>

In the dark days of yore, the newsgroup alt.callahans had a set of FAQ which were mailed automagically each month to all subscribers. Perhaps this set of items suggested by Werner could form the basis of a similar set of LP FAQ, also to be mailed automatically. Disclaimer: IANAlist manager!

Cheers,
Colin
--
I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies, for the hardest victory is over self. -Aristotle, philosopher (384-322 BCE)