Hiding a staff with notes in it

From: Evan O'Dorney
Subject: Hiding a staff with notes in it
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2016 16:42:04 -0700

Hi all,

Is there a way to allow Lilypond to hide a staff on certain systems, similar to \RemoveEmptyStaffContext, but applicable to certain non-empty staves? My situation is that I have a choral piece where the 1st and 2nd sopranos divide, and I would like to see two staves of identical material leading up to the point on the system where the division happens. (The parts are dissimilar enough to preclude notating the divisi on one staff.) For example:

<<
  \new Staff = "s1" {
    \relative g' {
      \repeat unfold 30 { g2 } a1