Re: Evince/Adobe printing adds margins and scales down the score

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: Evince/Adobe printing adds margins and scales down the score
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2016 22:01:49 +0000

On 8/17/16 3:33 AM, "Federico Bruni" <address@hidden> wrote:

>Hi folks
>
>I've tried printing a score with Evince and I see that it adds margins
>on left, right, top and bottom and scales down the score size to fit it
>on the page (line-width=17,40 cm). Is it a known issue?
>
>lpr prints exactly what I see on the screen (line-width=19 cm).
>
>Adobe also adds some margins and scales down the score, slightly less
>than Evince (line-width=17,90 cm)

I had this problem and was tearing my hair out.  I solved it by defining a
custom paper size with no margins.  My printer had a margin built into the
existing paper size, and Adobe respected that.  When I defined a custom
paper with a margin of zero, everything came out just like I wanted it to.

I hope this will help you.

Thanks,

Carl