Re: Evince/Adobe printing adds margins and scales down the score

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: Evince/Adobe printing adds margins and scales down the score
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2016 16:36:26 +0200

Il giorno mer 17 ago 2016 alle 11:43, Urs Liska <address@hidden> ha scritto:
I've tried printing a score with Evince and I see that it adds margins
 on left, right, top and bottom and scales down the score size to fit
 it on the page (line-width=17,40 cm). Is it a known issue?

Does it really to this even when you disable rescaling in the print options?

I'm now using a different printer from yesterday and no, it doesn't help if I disable rescaling.

 lpr prints exactly what I see on the screen (line-width=19 cm).

Adobe also adds some margins and scales down the score, slightly less
 than Evince (line-width=17,90 cm)

 If I give a score book to a printer, what should I expect? :-)

If you give it to a professional printer you should expect "correct"
results. Maybe tell them explicitly about your concerns?

Yes, I should work it out.

Thanks
Federico