Re: Advice on building flash drive for Spanish speaker

From: Ralph Palmer
Subject: Re: Advice on building flash drive for Spanish speaker
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2016 08:37:52 -0400

On Sat, Aug 27, 2016 at 3:01 PM, Karlin High <address@hidden> wrote:
On 8/24/2016 1:03 PM, Ralph Palmer wrote:
> Greetings -
>
> I'm trying to build a flash drive for a Spanish speaker. I'd like to
> include the stable Spanish versions of LilyPond (probably 2.18.2) and
> Frescobaldi. The friend lives in Cuba, so I'll probably not be able to
> use the 64-bit version. They are running Windows 7.

Recently, I had a similar request. Someone without Internet access
wanted more LilyPond documentation, the Snippet Repository in
particular. I ended up sending them a CD that included the LilyPond
2.18.2 Doc tarball:

http://lilypond.org/all.html
http://lilypond.org/downloads/binaries/documentation/lilypond-2.18.2-1.documentation.tar.bz2

Near as I can tell, that includes all available LilyPond documentation
and translations.

I also included LilyPond 2.18.2:
http://download.linuxaudio.org/lilypond/binaries/mingw/lilypond-2.18.2-1.mingw.exe

And Frescobaldi 2.19.0:
https://github.com/wbsoft/frescobaldi/releases/download/v2.19.0/Frescobaldi.Setup.2.19.0.exe

Apparently translations are included in those setup files.

Thank you, Karlin High.

I was not aware of the documentation tarball, and I'm not sure they would know how to deal with it. I'm hoping my solution works. I included all (I hope) of the LilyPond Spanish html doc files. If it didn't work, I'll try again with your suggestions.

All the best,

Ralph

--
Ralph Palmer