Re: Configurable Rests

From: Werner Arnhold
Subject: Re: Configurable Rests
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2016 20:09:15 +0200

  \new Staff = "horn1"
    \new Voice = "horn1" {
      \hornI
    }
  \new Staff = "horn2"
    \new Voice = "horn2" {
      \hornII
    }
  \new Staff = "hornA"  % That's what I wanted
    <<
      \new Voice = "hornalternativeI" {
        \voiceOne
        \hornIA
      }
      \new Voice = "hornalternativeII" {
        \voiceTwo
        \hornIIA
      }

  \new Staff \with { printPartCombineTexts = ##f }
  {
%   \partcombineApart \hornI \hornII    % does not work
   \partcombine \hornI \hornII

===================================== snap =============================

My compilation shows missing rests and notes combined to accords where
possible.

I also tried to work with tags:
===================================== snip =============================
pause = {
  \tag #'top {r}
  \tag #'bottom {s}
}

hornI = {
  c''4 h'4\rest c'' \pause4
  g' h'4\rest c' r
  \bar "|."
}

hornII = {
  g'4 s g'8 r c'' r
  r4 s e'8 g' c''4
}

\score {
  \new Staff = "horn"
  <<
    \new Voice = "horn1" {
      \voiceOne
      \keepWithTag #'oben \hornI
    }
    \new Voice = "horn2" {
      \voiceTwo
      \keepWithTag #'unten \hornII

But no success too. The "r" and "4" are not combined to "r4" and I don't
see how a construct like "b'4\rest" should be possible. I think it needs
a solution with parameters, so functions.

My intention is to print a single voice sheet and a partitura from the
same source files.

Werner