Re: Photoscore

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Photoscore
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2016 23:17:59 +0100

Karlin High <address@hidden> writes:

> On 11/28/2016 3:16 PM, David Kastrup wrote:
>> There are enough sneaky Windows 10 update stories
>> with monthly "oh, you were annoyed?  Then we won't do it this way next
>> time" pseudo-excuses from Microsoft.  This is clearly not an accident.
>
> Which is why the Never10 utility exists for preventing that:
> https://www.grc.com/never10.htm
>
> Anyway, Microsoft ended the free (or forced) upgrade program on July 29,
> 2016. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3184143

That was just another lie.  Since then it has enrolled the Windows 10
attack in the recommended updates, no questions asked.

> So the only way it could be happening now is if a machine somehow got
> everything in place for the upgrade before that date, and couldn't
> manage to go through with it until now.

The reasons for Microsoft "offering" a "free" "upgrade" to a humongous
shitpile of spyware have not changed.  There was at most a cosmetic
pause in their attacks in order to lull people into a false sense of
security.

--
David Kastrup