Re: Using volta endings on some parts but not all

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: Using volta endings on some parts but not all
Date: Sun, 04 Dec 2016 17:04:58 +0000

On Sun, 2016-12-04 at 17:01 +0100, Patrick Hubers wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm typesetting a score where some of the instruments have volta
> repeats with alternative endings, but other instruments just repeat
> the same music. In the score I need to show the alternative endings of
> course, but in the individual parts for the instruments, I want to
> show regular repeats for those parts that actually have simple
> repeats. How can I achieve that? I can't find it in the manuals,
> unfortunately.

I can't (*) give you detailed advice for doing this within LilyPond (I
think you would need \tag for the different bits), but one thing to
watch for is the bar numbering: the version with first & second time
bars may have different bar numbers from the version without. There is
some syntax to re-set the bar numbering.

Richard
(*) in Denemo you generate the variant LilyPond syntax from without.