Re:new to this list - converting from Noteworthy Composer

From: Sam Frybyte
Subject: Re:new to this list - converting from Noteworthy Composer
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2017 05:56:09 -0700

I occasionally use NWC2 now (and have from their early early days to
nwc2, a lot of my catalogue is at their scriptorum) and nwc2ly was
never very useful.  However (and just like NWC) using midi2ly  will
act/work just like taking a midi file and having NWC make notation
WITH the same issues i.e. all sorts of odd things.

However one other approach would be to take the txt feature of nwc and
in an editor change all the values into lilypond ones.  That would
give you more control over output.

Lastly I have used NWC for some large projects and when I switched
over to Lilypond I just transcribed future projects (not go back and
redo everything) and changed NWC into lily only if I changed something
in concept/instrumentation etc.

hope this gives some insight.  If you are used to using the text part
of NWC learning lilypond won't be such a high learning curve.
Jay

--
Jay Hamilton
Sound & Silence