Re: placement of tuplet number on broken tuplet

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: Re: placement of tuplet number on broken tuplet
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2017 11:26:05 +1000

Hi David,

I am curious about what you say here.

On 18 April 2017 at 02:24, David Nalesnik <address@hidden> wrote:

It isn't possible to shift the number within the bracket and have the gap adjust, but you can lengthen the broken bracket:

This is a function I use all the time, and it seems to work for me.

tupletNumberShift =
#(define-music-function (offset)
   (number?)
   " Move tuplet number across.
   Offset is from left of tuplet bracket.
   "
   #{
     \once \override TupletNumber.whiteout = ##t
     \once \override Score.TupletNumber.layer = #3
     \once \override TupletNumber.X-offset = $offset
     \once \override TupletNumber.X-extent = #empty-interval
   #})

But this will only work for the first part. Are you actually saying, more precisely, that it is not possible to shift the number in the broken part? I was just wanting to clarify for anybody referring to this thread in the future.

Andrew