Re: Chords in LilyPond

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Chords in LilyPond
Date: Wed, 24 May 2017 23:58:21 -0400

Hi Simon (et al.),

>> added bass note
>> inversions
> I’m under the impression that in chord notation those are actually the same

Definitely not! What if I want a C7 in second inversion over a Db? In
pseudo-harmonic-analysis code, that would be

   C4/3  / Db

In my compositions (especially musical theatre and concert drama), I use that
kind of construction all the time — but I end up having to dumb down the chord
names in my scores, because Lily doesn’t let me put exactly what I want.

Cheers,
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer
‣ website: www.kierenmacmillan.info