Re: Chords in LilyPond

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Re: Chords in LilyPond
Date: Thu, 25 May 2017 14:35:59 +0200

Am 25.05.2017 um 06:26 schrieb Kieren MacMillan:
Except <e bf g’ c''> contains a huge amount of information that cannot
currently be input in \chordmode (as far as I know).

Nor can it be output, as far as I know. What you mention, is a specific voicing of a C7/E, and doesn’t chord notation by design leave exact voicings unspecified? Is this an analogous case to figured bass, where normally voicings aren’t specified either, but some composers (like Seb. Bach) used it to actually specify a particular voicing (using things like
8 3
6, 6, etc.
3
)?