A contribution (was Re: snippet to properly align dynamics with expressi

From: Richard Shann
Subject: A contribution (was Re: snippet to properly align dynamics with expressive text)
Date: Sat, 08 Jul 2017 14:49:16 +0100

On Sat, 2017-07-08 at 08:42 +0200, Urs Liska wrote:

[...]
> > I would be pleased to contribute this to openlilylib, but I have no idea
> > how! I've never contributed to a collaborative project like that before. How
> > would I go about this?
> [...] you can also take the file from
> Github (the files in this repository are mostly self-contained) and make
> updates to it locally.
> Then you can go to Github to "edit" the file, which you can do by simply
> overwriting the online version with your local one. Github will then
> automatically create a fork for you and open a pull request.

I was intrigued by this, as I have a patch to the figured bass formatter
that has been hanging around because the route to making contributions
that I knew about involved a virtual machine which I can't get working
on my current system. I discovered I had an account on GitHub so I
followed your instructions to create a new version of
scm/translation-functions.scm
which is here:

https://github.com/vec-perm/lilypond/blob/3fd3d89b9db0dbf4e99bdfbaca49634df7a167df/scm/translation-functions.scm

but it's not clear to me what if anything I have to do next...

Richard