Re: A problem with "placing grace notes between arpeggios and chords"

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: A problem with "placing grace notes between arpeggios and chords"
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2017 21:51:19 +0100

> Thank you very much, Harm.
> Two solutions. No way that I would ever have been able to figure this out.
> I'm very impressed.
>
> The "bad news" is that only the first part of my problem is solved. What I
> would need is a cross-staff arpeggio that includes the bass notes (in this
> testfile; the, or a, real occurrence is in bar 91 of Chopin's Nocturne Op. 37
> No. 2. Another nasty problem is in bar 119 of the same Nocturne. )

Comparing the different editions at IMSLP, I'd say say there's a wide
variety how this piece is typeset.

Here some coding-thoughts:

\score {
  <<
    \new Staff {
      \grace { \once \hideNotes e'8\arpeggio }
      e'4
    }
    \new Staff
    { \clef bass
    <<
      \new Voice {
        \voiceOne
        \once \slurDown
        \grace e8_~\arpeggio <e gis>2.
      }
      \new Voice { \voiceTwo <cis, gis,> }

    }

  \layout {
    \context {
      \Score
      \consists "Span_arpeggio_engraver"
      connectArpeggios = ##t

\score {
  <<
    \new Staff <<
      \key g \major
      \new Voice {
          s1
        \voiceOne
        ais''4\arpeggio
      }
      \new Voice {
          s1
          \set tieWaitForNote = ##t

          \grace {
            \once \override Slur.positions = #'(3 . 5)
          b'16[^( b'~ dis''-\tweak minimum-length #5 _~]
          }
          \voiceFour
          \dotsUp
          <b' dis''>2.\arpeggio)