Re: Auto-transposition

From: Shevek
Subject: Re: Auto-transposition
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2017 12:30:29 -0700 (MST)

> But as a user of Lilypond for over fifteen years, I *will* recommend that
you consider avoiding relative entry mode — using absolute mode (and, when
appropriate, \fixed) will like save you headaches (like the one you're
encountering right now) in both the short and long term.

The alternative is to use \relative {} but to use \resetRelativeOctave
religiously before every phrase, even the first one in a block. I find that
more natural for composing, personally.