Re: Conditional paper block

From: Br. Samuel Springuel
Subject: Re: Conditional paper block
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2017 16:52:36 -0500

Absent a way to make Frescobaldi apply the command-line argument, I came up with the following solution:

To the lyluatex preamble I added a flag which indicated the use of lyluatex (similar to what lilypond-book does):

        #(define inside-lyluatex #t)

This change has been merged into the lyluatex repository.

Then in my project style file (which is included by every score in the project) I added the following to the \paper block:

        #(if (not (defined? 'inside-lyluatex))
                (set-paper-size "a5"))

In this way any compilations of the project scores which is not initiated by lyluatex will use the a5 paper (a not perfect, but much better approximation of the final score size). However, when the project is compiled via lyluatex (i.e. is getting included in the final document) lyluatex's controls over the linewidth will govern things.

Obviously final layout tweaks should be done based on the appearence of the score in the target document, but that was going to be the case anyway.
--
Br. Samuel, OSB

PAX ☧ ΧΡΙΣΤΟΣ